What if you had walked beside the Virgin Mary from the Annunciation to the point at which she and Joseph found Jesus in the temple? How might seeing Christ as a child impact you and your faith?
WINE: Women In the New Evangelization offers its second, six-week scripture study, this time following the infancy and early years of Christ as seen through the eyes of Mary and other familiar and imagined women in the gospels.
Founder Kelly Wahlquist and ten other members of WINE uniquely blend scripture reflections, imaginative encounters, and visio divina “sacred seeing” with practical spirituality and discussion questions that will help you take a prayerful and creative journey through Advent and the Christmas season.
Not much is known about the childhood of Jesus, but the Gospels highlight six key moments in his early life:
- the angel Gabriel proclaiming Jesus’ birth to Mary at the Annunciation
- a pregnant Mary visiting her cousin Elizabeth
- the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem
- the presentation of Jesus in the temple
- the flight of Mary, Joseph, and Jesus to Egypt
- discovering the twelve-year-old Jesus in the temple
Week by week, you will dig deep into each of the scriptural vignettes of Jesus’ early life and grow in your faith as you learn about virtues such as humility, patience, charity, reverence, prudence, and courage.